This Site Is Part Of:
Welcome to the SA of NC Civil War 150 blog
North Carolina Civil War 150 is a space for collecting all news, events, and observances related to the American Civil War Sesquicentennial commemoration at the State Archives of North Carolina.
The State Archives of North Carolina Civil War Sesquicentennial Timeline (PDF) is now available.
Note: all posts and comments on this website are public records.
- RT @NCmuseumhistory: Sarah Kootnz from @NCArchives announces the "Genealogy" award! #THJHAConvention https://t.co/ilqd6KExpO 49 minutes ago
- RT @NorthCarolinaEE: This is so popular that there is a lottery system to get a parking pass for viewing. Seriously. #NCNatureFriday @Great… 2 hours ago
- RT @SmithsonianArch: A tech #tbt 💻💾💿This was the @smithsonian's computer lab in 1968! A look at early computer use at @airandspace: https… 5 hours ago
- RT @ncculture: Going to #NGS2017GEN? Learn more about using microfilm @NCArchives! bit.ly/2oC4Gl1 https://t.co/THeANTnlqK 6 hours ago
- RT @ncdhc: 15 years of The Cherokee Scout, newspaper from Murphy, NC, now online thanks to Murphy Public Library digitalnc.org/blog/murphy-pu… 1 day ago
Tags2nd Saturdays 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 2011 Archives Week African Americans ancestors Archives CW150 Committee artificial limbs Battle of Antietam battle of fredericksburg Bible records books Burnside Expedition Christmas civil war diaries conscription county records DCR CW150 Committee death Dept. of Cultural Resources diaries digital projects Division of State Historic Sites Emancipation Proclamation events exhibits family papers finding aids First Wednesdays Fort Fisher Friends of the Archives genealogy governors Historical Publications Section lectures letters military military-navy NC Literary & Historical Association newspapers North Carolina Archives Week North Carolina Digital Collections North Carolina Museum of History North Carolina State Archives North Carolina State Capitol Obituaries Outer Banks History Center Pasquotank County pensions photographs politics press releases prisons Raleigh Reconstruction research secession slave states Sledge testament; fortieth anniversary state government State Library of North Carolina stats Supplies treasures video websites women workshops YouTube