This Site Is Part Of:
Welcome to the SA of NC Civil War 150 blog
North Carolina Civil War 150 is a space for collecting all news, events, and observances related to the American Civil War Sesquicentennial commemoration at the State Archives of North Carolina.
The State Archives of North Carolina Civil War Sesquicentennial Timeline (PDF) is now available.
Note: all posts and comments on this website are public records.
- RT @ncdhc: "Lifting as we climb" - great materials now online from the NC Federation of Negro Women Clubs courtesy @NCCU https://t.co/Mf8k7… 1 day ago
- RT @ncpedia: Doing NC research & need assistance? Check out our online chat. Access here: statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/ghl. More info: https://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @ncculture: Now... where did we put those instructions? #FlashbackFriday 📷@NCArchives https://t.co/M8jgzqgoKs 5 days ago
- RT @WebArchivist: .@ncculture @NCArchives The supine dome! digital.ncdcr.gov/cdm/ref/collec… 5 days ago
- RT @woodwritesNC: Indeed - called @NCArchives on Monday & they were extremely helpful in guiding my research. twitter.com/ncpedia/status… 5 days ago
Tags2nd Saturdays 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 2011 Archives Week African Americans ancestors Archives CW150 Committee artificial limbs Battle of Antietam battle of fredericksburg Bible records books Burnside Expedition Christmas civil war diaries conscription county records DCR CW150 Committee death Dept. of Cultural Resources diaries digital projects Division of State Historic Sites Emancipation Proclamation events exhibits family papers finding aids First Wednesdays Fort Fisher Friends of the Archives genealogy governors Historical Publications Section lectures letters military military-navy NC Literary & Historical Association newspapers North Carolina Archives Week North Carolina Digital Collections North Carolina Museum of History North Carolina State Archives North Carolina State Capitol Obituaries Outer Banks History Center Pasquotank County pensions photographs politics press releases prisons Raleigh Reconstruction research secession slave states Sledge testament; fortieth anniversary state government State Library of North Carolina stats Supplies treasures video websites women workshops YouTube