This Site Is Part Of:
Welcome to the SA of NC Civil War 150 blog
North Carolina Civil War 150 is a space for collecting all news, events, and observances related to the American Civil War Sesquicentennial commemoration at the State Archives of North Carolina.
The State Archives of North Carolina Civil War Sesquicentennial Timeline (PDF) is now available.
Note: all posts and comments on this website are public records.
- RT @ncculture: ICYMI: WW1 symposium @bartoncollege on 10/13 & 10/14! Registration deadline 10/2. barton.edu/WWI/ https://t.co/21Q8R… 15 hours ago
- North Carolina State Fair, ca. 1972-1974: youtu.be/ijTFBBdcxwI #FairFriday @NCStateFair 3 days ago
- RT @UNCLibrary: Birds-eye view of the @NCStateFair in 1928, the first year it was at its current location on Blue Ridge Road. #FairFriday h… 3 days ago
- NC has 12 HBCUs, from oldest @ShawUniversity (1865) to newest @NCCU (1910). Learn more at ncpedia.org/education/hbcu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @ncpedia: #WWIWednesday: Glory Hancock: ncpedia.org/hancock-madelo… twitter.com/NCWW1/status/9… 5 days ago
Tags2nd Saturdays 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 2011 Archives Week African Americans ancestors Archives CW150 Committee artificial limbs Battle of Antietam battle of fredericksburg Bible records books Burnside Expedition Christmas civil war diaries conscription county records DCR CW150 Committee death Dept. of Cultural Resources diaries digital projects Division of State Historic Sites Emancipation Proclamation events exhibits family papers finding aids First Wednesdays Fort Fisher Friends of the Archives genealogy governors Historical Publications Section lectures letters military military-navy NC Literary & Historical Association newspapers North Carolina Archives Week North Carolina Digital Collections North Carolina Museum of History North Carolina State Archives North Carolina State Capitol Obituaries Outer Banks History Center Pasquotank County pensions photographs politics press releases prisons Raleigh Reconstruction research secession slave states Sledge testament; fortieth anniversary state government State Library of North Carolina stats Supplies treasures video websites women workshops YouTube