This Site Is Part Of:
Welcome to the SA of NC Civil War 150 blog
North Carolina Civil War 150 is a space for collecting all news, events, and observances related to the American Civil War Sesquicentennial commemoration at the State Archives of North Carolina.
The State Archives of North Carolina Civil War Sesquicentennial Timeline (PDF) is now available.
Note: all posts and comments on this website are public records.
- Civil War Research at the North Carolina State Archives
- Private Robert Williams: Company F, 14th Regiment, North Carolina Troops, CSA (Sion)
- Thomas Hatten Langley: The Ancestor I Didn’t Know I Had (Tiffanie)
- First Wednesdays – Deathbed Confessional: "I Shot Stonewall Jackson"
- George Washington Brown: The Ancestor Who Did Not Want To Be Found (Bill)
- Reminder: The State Archives of North Carolina will be closed April 18-20 for the Good Friday holiday: ncdcr.gov/archives/NewsA… 3 days ago
- RT @ncculture: Great piece on Black Mtn College by #NC poet laureate Joseph Bathanti in @ourstatemag + photos via @NCArchives: http://t.co/… 3 days ago
- Overhills, #Harnett County, #NC. Call number: N_92_1_370; from the General Negative Collection. flic.kr/p/mW5nxc 5 days ago
- Public Records Request Forms (G.S. 132 Files blog) ncrecords.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/pub… 5 days ago
- RT @ncculture: We're looking for a Records Management Analyst at @NCArchives / @NCSRC: bit.ly/1iT57IJ #TriangleTuesdays 5 days ago
Tags2nd Saturdays 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 2011 Archives Week African Americans ancestors Archives CW150 Committee Battle of Antietam battle of fredericksburg Bible records books Burnside Expedition Christmas conscription county records DCR CW150 Committee death Dept. of Cultural Resources diaries digital projects Division of State Historic Sites Elizabeth City Emancipation Proclamation events exhibits family papers finding aids First Wednesdays Flickr Fort Fisher genealogy governors Historical Publications Section lectures letters meetings military military-navy NC Family Records Online NC Literary & Historical Association newspapers North Carolina Archives Week North Carolina Digital Collections North Carolina Museum of History North Carolina State Archives North Carolina State Capitol Obituaries Outer Banks History Center Pasquotank County pensions photographs politics press releases prisons Reconstruction research secession slave states Sledge testament; fortieth anniversary Speakers Bureau state government State Library of North Carolina stats Supplies treasures video websites women workshops