This Site Is Part Of:
Welcome to the SA of NC Civil War 150 blog
North Carolina Civil War 150 is a space for collecting all news, events, and observances related to the American Civil War Sesquicentennial commemoration at the State Archives of North Carolina.
The State Archives of North Carolina Civil War Sesquicentennial Timeline (PDF) is now available.
Note: all posts and comments on this website are public records.
- Governors’ Records finding aids now available online (G.S. 132 Files blog): ncrecords.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/gov… 23 hours ago
- Thoughts on the Lexis Nexis Decision (G.S. 132 Files blog): ncrecords.wordpress.com/2014/02/28/tho… 23 hours ago
- First Wednesdays: The Reasons William W. Holden Ran for Governor, 1864 (NC Civil War 150 blog): civilwar150nc.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/the… 2 days ago
- RT @olderaleigh: Original Rendering of the State Archives Library in Downtown Raleigh, c. 1966 (State Archives) http://t.co/MDSEgF5Dkj 2 days ago
- RT @ncpedia: Browsers! Browse NC State Lib & Archives digital collections by location. Here's Watuaga Co dld.bz/dj4YR #nccotw @… 3 days ago
Tags2nd Saturdays 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 2011 Archives Week African Americans ancestors Archives CW150 Committee Battle of Antietam battle of fredericksburg Bible records books Burnside Expedition Christmas conscription county records DCR CW150 Committee death Dept. of Cultural Resources diaries digital projects Division of State Historic Sites Elizabeth City Emancipation Proclamation events exhibits family papers finding aids First Wednesdays Flickr Fort Fisher genealogy governors Historical Publications Section lectures letters meetings military military-navy NC Family Records Online NC Literary & Historical Association newspapers North Carolina Archives Week North Carolina Digital Collections North Carolina Museum of History North Carolina State Archives North Carolina State Capitol Obituaries Outer Banks History Center Pasquotank County pensions photographs politics press releases prisons Reconstruction research secession slave states Sledge testament; fortieth anniversary Speakers Bureau state government State Library of North Carolina stats Supplies treasures video websites women workshops